FreeSVG community discussion forum

Place to discuss various topics regarding public domain svg, community.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-07 15:21:40

rob_s

FREE sprites and game development graphics

Turns out SVG's can be used in game development also, who knew.

If your interested in learning to program then I can think of no better way to start.

You can start by downloading Scratch for FREE which is an open source project. Scratch supports SVG files so you will be up and running in no time, for zero cost.

Or for the more adventurous then are many other open source game development engines out there with advances features that also support SVG files.

Hey, perhaps the developers will allow links to home-brew or indie games produced with content originating from freesvg.org if the idea catches on.

Last edited by rob_s (2019-10-15 13:31:39)

#2 2019-10-14 04:45:29

CyanideCupcake
Website

Re: FREE sprites and game development graphics

I would "heart" this post if I could.  Scratch is an amazing website.  I use it all the time to teach kids coding and it's how I got into programming and Open Source myself.

You can upload SVGs to Scratch, but you can also create original SVGs in Scratch that can be downloaded and uploaded here!  It's the circle of life, er, vectors.

For anyone whose interested I recently wrote an article about how to do it: https://opensource.com/article/19/9/dra … -scratch-3

Board footer