FreeSVG community discussion forum

Place to discuss various topics regarding public domain svg, community.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-03 06:30:23

vedran

Planned features and upgrades schedule

Below are planned features on site.

1. Tags safe word filter - planned completion this week
2. SVG safe - Child proof site - based on code of conduct all images marked by users and Google vision will be blurred and locked but visible only for registered users
3. Code of conduct -  rules to agree on forum and publish in site - till tomorrow
4. Backup procedures and automatic archive generation for download -end of next week
4. Unified login to main site and forum - Not sure about deadline, will try to finish this year
5. Advanced search parameters (original poster, old clipart id)
6. Issue with non ASCII characters in name - End of this year
7. Collection functionality to be finished -
8. Site responsiveness tweaks - Windows 10 tablet and browsers - early next year
9. Tagging autocomplete - early next year
10. Online editing +  conversion from PNG to SVG - early next year
11. Direct fast corrections of text and tags on front end  (example http://vitalets.github.io/x-editable/demo-bs3.html)
12.Comments  SVG images - early next year
13. Plugin for Inkscape -  next year

#2 2019-12-03 09:54:03

liftarn

Re: Planned features and upgrades schedule

vedran wrote:

Nice list, but about this. Would this be a plug-in you have to install or would it be native in Inkscape as a replacement for the OCAL import?

#3 2019-12-03 14:11:02

j4p4n

OK. So can I add "edit image" button from each clipart page view? having to scroll through thousands of my clipart images to try to find one in my history to add tags to or something is a major headache. (On Openclipart us librarians could also edit titles/descriptions/tags on other images from the clipart view page, that also made editing wrong titles/tags etc very easy)

#4 2019-12-03 16:29:36

vedran

j4p4n wrote:

OK. So can I add "edit image" button from each clipart page view? having to scroll through thousands of my clipart images to try to find one in my history to add tags to or something is a major headache. (On Openclipart us librarians could also edit titles/descriptions/tags on other images from the clipart view page, that also made editing wrong titles/tags etc very easy)

11. Direct fast corrections of text and tags on front end
I think this is it - I  can only try make it earlier (priorities are subjective and open to discussion)

#5 2019-12-03 17:24:50

rob_s

This is really just a way for the web developers to communicate what features they are working on in the immediate future and to give people a idea on development timescale, this is what they believe is manageable and achievable ove the coming months, any further idea should be posted to "website issues and support thread" as new post with the subject starting [FEATURE] so they can keep track of new requests, and mark them as solved once tackled, tested and introduced as an everyday function.

#6 2019-12-03 17:46:37

vedran

liftarn wrote:
vedran wrote:

Nice list, but about this. Would this be a plug-in you have to install or would it be native in Inkscape as a replacement for the OCAL import?

Ideally we would like it to be native support just like Import Clip Art worked with OCAL in Inkscape. But I guess we would need some help from Inkscape community so if anyone can help us get in touch with responsible developers or have any contacts there it would be very useful. Any other suggestions are also welcome.

#7 2019-12-03 22:28:20

rob_s

Native support may be overshooting to begin with, there is nothing wrong with starting rock bottom and building up trust in the Inkscape dev community, I could be wrong but both hershey text and gcodetools started as a 3rd party tools but appear to have been included in current releases unless of course every time I'm doing an upgrade they are being upgraded also for some reason, which could be a possibility, I've never checked that thoroughly. The point I am trying to make is these things sometimes can take time, inkscape is popular, and they need to make sure anything they are installing as default is safe for the user base, to protect their own reputation.

I was hoping lazur @ inkscape forum could have pulled some strings for us he's done some amazing work on filters over the years, but he seems to be intent on resurrecting OCAL, if any one the old librarians know this person, then pls have a word as he could be extremely useful to this project, not only for categorization of filters which is planned, but also for opening up development channels with the inkscape team and the sharing of old code that the DEVS could use to speed up the process.

#8 2020-01-06 14:27:30

rob_s

Hi guys, has development stalled?, still seeing thumnails for images marked as explicit on the home screen, wasn't image blurring supposed to have been rolled out.

#9 2020-01-06 15:03:01

vedran

Hi Rob,
holidays and such stuff  big_smile
I could't work so much in past period but from today starting again.
I checked little around and found out best solution for user safe content which I implemented.
User now can set in user profile if he/she wants to show nsfw content (https://freesvg.org/dashboard).
All currently registered users set to show nsfw. New users will be defaulted to no. Also for not registered users this images will not show.

#10 2020-01-06 15:17:48

rob_s

Good to hear Vedran / Boris, & happy new year to you both and your families, I am sure your comments will serve as reassurance to any passing visitors, so they know freesvg.org is very much alive and kicking.

Looking forward to seeing some of the planned features in the coming year.

#11 2020-01-06 15:52:56

vedran

Tnx Rob,
best wishes to you and your family also

Board footer