FreeSVG community discussion forum

Place to discuss various topics regarding public domain svg, community.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-19 09:48:38

admin
Administrator

Tagged images are done. We need more help!

Hi guys,

we have published all images that had all meta data within the file. Now we are left with about 75k untagged images and those images will have to be tagged, described and titled manually. There is no other way. We count on your help now to add proper title, description and tags to images that no one except the original artist knows what the image is about. It will be a difficult task but not impossible. If you are willing to help here are some suggestions about how to do it.

The untagged images are visible in you Admin area under Tagging menu. They all have "DRAFT" status, that's how you will recognize images that are untagged and unpublished.

Once you click to Edit the file, please fill following fields: Title, Description and Tags. Some tags are already inside (filled with help of Google Vision algorithm) but do not rely on it heavily. Please check these tags and if you think any of them is not suitable, delete it and add yours.

Also try to give best possible title to the image. For example title Frame67 is not good. Delete numbers, even numbers that are put only to avoid duplicates , like Red house 2, Red house 3 etc. Try to be creative and give it unique title. Sometimes doing this is very difficult, so as a very last resort you should use numbers.

Thanks to everyone for your involvement so far.  If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in this thread.

#2 2019-11-20 21:16:29

.mau.

Re: Tagged images are done. We need more help!

admin wrote:

The untagged images are visible in you Admin area under Tagging menu.

Sorry for the dumb question. Where is the Admin area?

#3 2019-11-20 21:54:55

rob_s

Hi Mau, It's OK, it's not immediately obvious, although you have registered on the forum you must also register on the main site.

You can do this by going to:https://freesvg.org/register once registered, you can log in and will be taken directly to the admin page, where you can carry out tagging, if you should leave the admin area for any reason, and need to get back to it then click on your name in the top right hand corner if your still logged on, on the main page and choose option SVG upload - this too is bit confusing, and could do with being renamed.

#4 2019-11-21 18:29:09

.mau.

rob_s wrote:

choose option SVG upload

Yes, this is quite confusing. I was already registered before registering to the forum, but I did not think of going to Upload SVG!
(btw, there should be a way to resize a picture automatically. Mine is really huge now, and I have to resubmit it)

Anyway, I arrived to https://freesvg.org/admin/blogs but there's no image shown, and a message "No data available in table" appears :-(

Last edited by .mau. (2019-11-21 19:25:29)

#5 2019-11-21 21:53:39

rob_s

Hi Mau, there is already a site improvement post made in the forum relating Upload SVG renaming, so hopefully it will be fixed at some point, the Site Developers are aware but are currently hard at work introducing new features that take priority.

[FEATURE REQUEST]
This is a great idea for a site improvement, so we've marked this as a feature request: "btw, there should be a way to resize a picture automatically. Mine is really huge now, and I have to resubmit "

The Devs will look into "No data available in table" error and will respond in due course.

#6 2019-11-22 11:11:46

vedran

Please check now

#7 2019-11-22 11:43:42

.mau.

now I see the section "tagging" and it is populated. Thanks!

#8 2019-11-22 16:16:54

rob_s

Good to see you made it in Mau. Welcome to the club, Happy Tagging!

#9 2019-12-20 16:13:01

mvolz

Is it possible to edit the tags of clip art that's already published but which you haven't claimed as yours?

I am noticing some clip art that's been tagged with very few tags or not very good description - I know it's a tiring task but it would be nice if we could crowdsource fixing them.

However when I search for the titles of them in the tagging portion of the website, I'm not seeing them come up- maybe this is by design?

Is this maybe something only admins can do?

#10 2019-12-20 16:42:10

rob_s

Hi Mvolz, it is not currently possible to alter the tags for images submitted by somebody else. but this is a feature we requested a while back, so we hope to see this feature appear in the future.

The tagging portion of the website only includes images sourced from the OCAL collection that do not currently appear on the site, that require tagging and description to be added prior to being published to the site. You will see that these images already contain partial tags, this has been generated by image recognition software, but still require checking as some of the tags maybe inaccurate.

You can however modify tags, descriptions for any image you have submitted yourselves, along with any OCAL images you have checked and published.

Hope this helps.

Board footer