FreeSVG community discussion forum

Place to discuss various topics regarding public domain svg, community.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-06 11:14:59

ifishy1967

Can't upload an created SVG because i have to use a tag,but it's empt

Hi,
i have created a svg and want it to upload = create svg

https://freesvg.org/admin/blogs/create

When i want upload it, the tag field saids: "select an element from the list" (but in german),
i can't upload my svg and i can't select an element, because the list is empty.

What i have to do?

Kind regards
Wolfgang

#2 2019-12-06 11:46:09

rob_s

Re: Can't upload an created SVG because i have to use a tag,but it's empt

Hi wolfgang,

In reference to tags, you will need to enter tags which are relevant to the image, these are used to help other people find your artwork. you free type these.

When posting an image please ensure all fields marked with a Asterix contain content, it might be possible the SVG upload button has lost sight of the file you were trying to upload so, try choosing the file again just to make sure. Some boxes are populated with date, Published, public domain already - I would suggest not changing these as  it may throw an error. File name should be brief but description can be longer.

Pls let us know if you experience further issues.

Regards, Rob.

#3 2019-12-07 05:20:58

j4p4n

Hello ifishy1967! Something that I didn't understand at first is you have to type the tag you want and press enter to add it to the tags list. So type for example cat and press enter and then type the next tag.

#4 2019-12-18 07:23:38

ifishy1967

Okay,
thank you, i haven't use it right.
But the next Problem i can't fix, when i want to upload:

413 Request Entity Too Large
yikes

#5 2019-12-18 12:19:59

rob_s

Hi I think there is a file size limit on what new users can upload, can you please check the size of the file you are trying to upload, and report back your findings. If you have another SVG image that you can upload, to test then please give this ago, just to make it's not something else.

What could cause large SVG
If you have any raster image which you have embedded in the file such as BMP/JPG/PNG then this would make the SVG file larger than it needs to be, so I would suggest removing them, if  you can. Also if it's highly details, purhaps a SVG traced from a Photo then this increases the coordinate count substantially in the SVG.

If your still having trouble we may ask that you forward us a copy of the file, so that we can investigate further, we would then upload and you would just need to claim as your own, next time your logged in.

#6 2019-12-18 20:34:56

rob_s

ifishy1967 I've sent you a PM with futher instructions, please login to the forum to access it. Any further issues let me know.

Board footer