FreeSVG community discussion forum

Place to discuss various topics regarding public domain svg, community.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-26 14:42:01

liftarn

[feature] Unified login to main site and forum

Now the forum and the rest of the site are not connected. A first step would be a single log-in to both functions.

#2 2019-11-27 13:15:24

rob_s

Re: [feature] Unified login to main site and forum

I vaguely recall me mentioning this myself a while back, possibly in one of my email, the problem is as you have mentioned they are not connected. The best we can hope for is a unified login solution, or a mechanism to transfer the registration details over to the other site on registration and vise versa, if they share the same database this should not be too difficult, It would also be good if once logged in to the site, you were also logged into the forum, I have confidence the Devs will think of something.

I came across this post that may help:
https://fluxbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7744

#3 2019-11-27 14:32:37

j4p4n

First, nice to see a somewhat familar face, hello liftarn! I think we might have crossed paths in another life on another site? wink

Second, yes, having the forum on another system is confusing and weird. I understand it might be the only option, but seems like a strange thing to do.

#4 2019-11-27 15:08:54

liftarn

j4p4n wrote:

First, nice to see a somewhat familar face, hello liftarn! I think we might have crossed paths in another life on another site? wink

Yes, I noticed you had turned up here too. Any other OCALists in exile?

Board footer