FreeSVG community discussion forum

Place to discuss various topics regarding public domain svg, community.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-17 10:04:13

vedran

Tagging of archive SVGs

We would like to announce that we have started with testing of automatic tagging and assigning titles to the recovered archive vectors.
For now only few of the currently active members who have posted on freesvg have been assigned moderator role.
We would be grateful for feedback.

#2 2019-10-19 11:52:49

vedran

Re: Tagging of archive SVGs

Now also added metadata from SVG where exist

#3 2019-11-09 22:22:23

CyanideCupcake
Website

This is great news.  I have been off the site for awhile, but this week I plan to focus on moderating some of the draft archive vectors.

There are quite a few assets from the public domain video game, Glitch, so I have created a collection titled "Glitch Game Assets".  This may be helpful for other moderators when they come across Glitch game art.

#4 2019-11-09 22:27:57

CyanideCupcake
Website

Also, should we keep tags like "clipart" and "vector" since everything on the site is a vector and clipart?

#5 2019-11-10 00:00:27

rob_s

Hi this is what is generated by the image recognition sofware, as it in part creates some of the tags for us, unfortunately it's not 100% accurate, which is why some images need retagged by contributors like your good self. I wondered this myself, but eventually started to remove tags like that as they are irrelevant. So as a general rule I remove icon, vector, graphic, clipart, symbol, line drawing, and usually different words for the same colour,  but if it's relevant like if it's game asset then I leave the word graphic in place, as it's kinda relevant, and if it clearly is an icon then I would leave that in also, It's a bit hit and miss, but if your adding enough of your own tags, then it shouldn't be too hard for people to find what they are looking for.

I am glad you pointed out those images belonged to glitch which I had never even heard of, I wondering what on earth some of those images were that I was tagging, I figured they were part of a game, as I couldn't understand why there would be four parts of an artifact mirror, And many other identical images with small variations.

thx rob.

#6 2019-11-10 10:15:41

liftarn

rob_s wrote:

So as a general rule I remove icon, vector, graphic, clipart, symbol, line drawing, and usually different words for the same colour

If it's designed like an icon I'd like to keep icon.

#7 2019-11-10 10:43:13

rob_s

As liftarn has reaffimed, and I badly pointed out, if it's relevant to the image at hand then it should be kept. As cyanide cupcake pointed out, I would assume anyone searching the collection, already knows what these files are and what they can be used for so tags like Cricut file, SVG, vector, clipart are irrelevant 9 times out of 10.

off subject, just a thought: We could do with someone with experience in cricut & topology / map making, to post a guide, to increase awareness as these uses for SVG's hopefully we come across someone at some stage that is willing to rise to the challenge I asked a guy in the UK about maps but he mustn't have been interested.

#8 2019-11-11 05:59:02

vedran

Update:
All registered users can now help with image tagging

#9 2019-11-23 07:59:14

wuzonocal

vedran wrote:

Update:
All registered users can now help with image tagging

At least one of my remixes from OCAL is up here, but the tag is not what it should be. I can't seem to find a way to amend the tag. I also can't find a way to post an image.

Also, while I can log in to post here on the forum, when I try to log in on the home page, in the hopes of being able to amend a tag or upload an image, I am asked for my E-mail address and password. When I plug those in it says, "These credentials do not match our records." To post this message my login is just user name and password. So I'm wondering what I can do to be able to amend tags and post images. Thanks for any help.

#10 2019-11-23 10:22:17

rob_s

Wuzonocal, did you register on both site and forum, if not you will need to do so. if you have tried resetting your password but are having the same problem then please read following post which should help with login issue: https://forum.freesvg.org/viewtopic.php?id=30f y

Regarding tagging, if you have images on here which are currently marked as contributed by "openclipart", and you wish to claim them as your own then once registered and logged in you can claim them, using the claim button on each image page.

Those that have claimed previous images have the ability to change or alter tags and descriptions themselves once logged in I think but I haven't tested, if this is not working for you, you can request the Web Developers change for your, by giving them the image web address.

Re uploading, this too will be resolved once you are registered and successfully logged in.

Board footer