FreeSVG community discussion forum

Place to discuss various topics regarding public domain svg, community.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-09 20:23:12

adlerweb
Website

[Feature] Search should include/reference tags

When searching for a word the system should check if a similar tag exists and - if so - display also tagged images or show a link to the appropriate tag site which usually contains additional images

#2 2019-10-09 21:22:33

rob_s

Re: [Feature] Search should include/reference tags

Following on from Adlerweb great suggestions for tags, I've noticed something relevant: when you click on an image and are taken to the page to download, shouldn't the tags in the right column be tags related to the image, and not a repeat of what is shown on the first page (popular tags). It would improve usability to allow people to drill down to the image they need through related tags, instead of having to use the search box each time. Like what Adlerweb proposed in his other post a tag tree / hierarchical taxonomy

#3 2019-10-10 03:34:36

admin
Administrator

OK, point taken

#4 2019-10-17 10:59:33

vedran

rob_s wrote:

Following on from Adlerweb great suggestions for tags, I've noticed something relevant: when you click on an image and are taken to the page to download, shouldn't the tags in the right column be tags related to the image, and not a repeat of what is shown on the first page (popular tags). It would improve usability to allow people to drill down to the image they need through related tags, instead of having to use the search box each time. Like what Adlerweb proposed in his other post a tag tree / hierarchical taxonomy

Upgraded. Not always perfect but not bad also.

#5 2019-10-17 12:21:12

rob_s

Tested, seems to work well, only issue is desription states popular tag, instead of it changing to related tags, if this can't be changed then purhaps rewording to search by tag. for both views purhaps.

Also any chance of bringing back the more by user name, instead of it saying "More from same user "  I know it's really just duplicating the svg published by, but I thought it was a nice feature, being able to click on user name and be taken to their collection.

You will be pleased to know I have no further suggestions at present, as I think it's looking pretty much perfect.

#6 2019-10-17 14:28:11

vedran

Done,
Rob you know that all suggestions are welcomed. It is only way to improve site and user experience.

#7 2019-10-17 15:01:31

rob_s

Superb Vedran, you guys are class.

#8 2019-11-02 21:48:28

Algot
Website

After uploading an image named and tagged with "yawn", I can see it on the front page, but searching for "yawn" gives a zero match.

Is there an indexing time delay in place?
Is the indexing done using a script which runs only at set intervals?

#9 2019-11-03 08:09:17

vedran

Algot wrote:

After uploading an image named and tagged with "yawn", I can see it on the front page, but searching for "yawn" gives a zero match.

Is there an indexing time delay in place?
Is the indexing done using a script which runs only at set intervals?

Yes
we are using sphinxsearch and laravel scout so it can be small delay till indexing is done.

#10 2019-11-03 22:39:15

rob_s

Hi gents, I could be wrong but I experienced something similar to this whilst tagging some of the back catalogue, a came across a image of a magnifying glass with 1:1 in it, instead of putting 1:1 as the tag I used the word ratio, I then came across possibly the same image and I think I used the word ratio again. When you search for that word however, it doesn't bring up any results, I could be mistaken as the orginal tags I entered aren't visable, this is something I was going to ask also, would it be possible to list the tags a user entered at the time of uploading, as some of the related tags currently being shown for these images are wildly inaccurate. I know your busy so possible future request.

https://freesvg.org/ftviewmag-no
https://freesvg.org/ftviewmag1

FYI: Yawn's working now, just checked it and bring up the image.

#11 2019-11-06 14:23:08

rob_s

Seeing the new tags feature you added, where the tags submitted by the uploader are visible now and it's looking and performing well. There's a slight delay when you click on the tag as it searches the backend for similar tag but it's working the way it should. Cheers Gents.

Board footer