FreeSVG community discussion forum

Place to discuss various topics regarding public domain svg, community.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-03 17:33:09

Pols12

OpenClipart content

Hi!

OpenClipart images seem to be still available getting their URL.

A program could easily pick all images getting https://openclipart.org/download/XXX URL where XXX is digital ID.

55k images have already been imported, could you import all the other one?

Regards,

#2 2019-10-03 17:49:02

admin
Administrator

Re: OpenClipart content

We will give it a try and get back here with results

#3 2019-10-08 09:38:46

admin
Administrator

Pols12 wrote:

Hi!

OpenClipart images seem to be still available getting their URL.

A program could easily pick all images getting https://openclipart.org/download/XXX URL where XXX is digital ID.

55k images have already been imported, could you import all the other one?

Regards,

Honestly before your post we were not aware of this url and that it was possible to download files. So we created a script that collected content from this link and were able to download all svg files (around 158k files). We already have 55k svgs published on this website and look for a way to publish rest of files. Problem is there are no descriptions, titles or tags for these files so we are looking for a way to fill this information. If you have any suggestion what would be the best way to do it, we would appreciate it.

#4 2019-10-13 09:30:42

adlerweb
Website

admin wrote:

If you have any suggestion what would be the best way to do it, we would appreciate it.

Some images might be described inside SVG metadata, I think exiftool should be able to extract them. For the other files: Could you post one of the affected IDs which have no data? This way I can check if any of the backups I know might help.

#5 2019-10-16 17:46:34

Pols12

Indeed, metadata (including tags) seem to be well indicated inside SVG code using Dublin Core ontology.

Besides, Internet Archive seems to have archived almost all content of OCAL, but I don’t think there is a way to automatically browse it easily.

#6 2019-10-16 18:43:41

vedran

Pols12 wrote:

Indeed, metadata (including tags) seem to be well indicated inside SVG code using Dublin Core ontology.

Besides, Internet Archive seems to have archived almost all content of OCAL, but I don’t think there is a way to automatically browse it easily.

Unfortunately, not all site is saved. We will try to solve this in several ways. One automatic tagging with Image processing API with moderation of us and help of community.
Different archives will help partly to take of load and we will do that when find suitable data source.
To avoid duplication here will be need to track this and we already established system to track which are tagged, original source etc

Board footer