FreeSVG community discussion forum

Place to discuss various topics regarding public domain svg, community.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-03 10:14:27

liftarn

[Feature] Online editing

I don't know how useful it may be, but other sides offers online editing. Perhaps use https://github.com/SVG-Edit/svgedit

#2 2019-11-03 22:20:26

rob_s

Re: [Feature] Online editing

Hi liftarn, good find but I believe they already have a link to this under useful links on the home page, I don't think these tools are integrated within the site, where you could create a SVG from scratch and post it to the collection if this is what you mean, they are just links to the tools, handy for those that just want to carry out basic SVG manipulaton without having to install inkscape.

If you have examples of sites where these tools are fully integrated / embedded in the site to offer enhanced capabilities then I am sure the developers would be eager to take a look if you can provide them with links

#3 2019-11-04 08:55:34

liftarn

rob_s wrote:

If you have examples of sites where these tools are fully integrated / embedded in the site to offer enhanced capabilities then I am sure the developers would be eager to take a look if you can provide them with links

clker.com has it integrated. There is an edit button under the image so you can open it in the online editor. You can then save it to the site directly
rob_s wrote: in additon to it being used as a tool for people to submit their own work, then purhaps it could also be adapted to the backend for making quick changes to files, to correct problem files. I like the library intergration also.

Good find and future feature suggestion.

#4 2019-11-06 17:46:06

vedran

we will look into this

Board footer