FreeSVG community discussion forum

Place to discuss various topics regarding public domain svg, community.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-10 10:40:18

liftarn

This made me a bit worried

Considering the recent discussions about censorship of the site I noticed that a log of LGBQT symbols have been deleted by admin and it made me a bit worried.

#2 2019-11-11 09:41:24

admin
Administrator

Re: This made me a bit worried

Hi liftarn, I am happy that you noticed this but there is nothing to worry about. All these images were bitmap files. We have identified all images that were not vector and unfortunately a lot of them were LGBT flags embedded with national flags. As you can see there are a lot of LGBT images on the website and even some that we made ourselves. There will be no censorship of these or any other similar images. Speaking of censorship it is harsh word I think, as we are thinking and talking all the time about how to make this website child safe place and that will include some filtering of words and images it seems.

Anyway thanks for noticing this I appreciate it as it shows we have community that really cares and wants to make this right.

EDIT: These are very easy to make and as soon as I catch some time I will make these as SVG vector files. Don't really understand why they were rasterized.

Board footer